and Mozzarella Sandwich
- 1 loaf Italian bread (seeded is great)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup MarDona Garlic Olive Oil Spray (6 sprays should be good)
- 1/4 cup MarDona Balsamic Glaze (6 nice streams should do)
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. On the top side squeeze a few streams of the Balsamic Glaze and on the bottom spay some garlic oil. Layer the basil, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese between the two halves of bread. Cut into four sandwiches.
- In a small dish, stir together the balsamic glaze, garlic oil and red pepper flakes drizzle on bread.
- And dip the sandwich into the oil and vinegar blend.
- Or just eat the sandwich as is! Either way it's GREAT!
1 Loaf of Semolina Seeded Bread - Ciabetta bread works well too
5 tablespoons of MarDona Muffuletta - hot or mild
4 slices of Capiocola
4 slices of Salami
4 slices of Mortadella
4 slices of Swiss Cheese
4 slices of Provolone Cheese
1. Split bread loaf horizontally in half
2. Cover bottom half with Muffuletta
3. Layer with Meats and Cheeses
For a Grilled version:
Same as above but with sliced semolina or Ciabetta lay the Swiss cheese on top and the Provolone on the bottom of the meats. Then using a top and bottom grill such as a George Forman or a Panini grill, place the sandwich on the grill until the bread becomes toasted and cheese is starting to melt. Remove and enjoy!